Today, Peugeot unveiled the 208 GTi 30th anniversary edition on the occasion of the 2014 Goodwood Festival of Speed. 30 years after the 205 GTi, Peugeot reinterprets the legend in a more radical version of the 208 GTi. The 208 GTi 30th delivers more intense driving sensations with its new Euro 6 1.6-litre THP petrol engine developing 208 hp and torque increased to 300 Nm. It is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox, with exceptional traction and efficiency assured through the specification of a Torsen differential and specific suspension and steering settings. Its sporty and assertive temperament can also been seen in its stance and look, in particularly by its two-material livery, separated by a sharp dividing line. It will be presented to the public at the 2014 Paris Motor Show, with sales starting in November 2014.
"Following on from the RCZ R, the brand called on the skills at Peugeot Sport to develop a more radical version of the 208 GTi. In this way the 208 GTi 30th celebrates the 30 years of the GTi Peugeot." Maxime Picat - Peugeot Brand CEO.
Tomorrow, Peugeot will celebrate 30 years of the GTi in the Supercar & ‘First Glimpse’ class, a specially-enhanced 208 GTi 30th Anniversary Limited Edition makes its world debut on display with dynamic demonstrations.
The 208 GTi 30th Anniversary is available for viewing on static display in the Moving Motor Show showroom and on the Hillclimb at speed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The debut of the 208 GTi 30th Anniversary is similar to the reveal of the RCZ R the previous year and is all part of the exciting showcase of products placed on display at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed by Peugeot that includes an enviable line-up:
On display at the Peugeot Stand:
- 2008 DKR – the Dakar challenger for the 2015 endurance competition
- Peugeot Design Lab mezzanine space displaying the ONYX Sofa – on sale at €135,000
- Peugeot Gravity Drop’ public ride
- Exalt Concept Car (European debut)
- RCZ R Sports Coupé – 270bhp 1.6-litre road car
- 308 R Concept Car (270bhp 1.6-litre petrol engine)
- 208 HYbrid FE Demonstrator (capable of 0-60mph in 8.0seconds / 46g/km CO2)
- New 308 Hatchback (2014 European Car of the Year)
- 208 GTi Prestige (fully-specified model)
On dynamic demonstration up the Goodwood Hillclimb:
- 2014 208 GTi 30th Anniversary Limited Edition (World debut)
- 2013 208 T16 Pikes Peak car - driven by 9-times World Rally Champion Sébastien Loeb
- 1988 405 T16 GR Pikes Peak - driven by Enda Garvey
On show at the Cartier ‘Style et Luxe’:
- 2004 907 V12 Coupé Concept