The Citroën C-XR Concept features instantly recognisable compact styling, with an assertive SUV look combining elegance and robustness. The elegant air is created through harmonious proportions and meticulous style lines, while the concept car’s robust character is underscored by its width and by functional and aesthetic attributes that forge its SUV identity.
The design of the Citroën C-XR Concept stands out with:
- A wide chrome-finished grille linking the chevrons to the headlamps to emphasise its temperament,
- LED daytime running lights enhancing the front light signature for even stronger presence,
- Front optics featuring a double module and indicators to underscore the car’s high-tech
- A C-shaped side signature providing a visual link between the roof bars and chrome-finished waistline, highlighting the roominess inside,
- 3D-effect rear lights combined with a chrome-finished dual tailpipe lending extra vitality to the generous rear forms.
The concept car’s protective and robust SUV nature is underscored by specific design attributes:
- Raised ground clearance and large, 17-inch wheels shod with All Seasons tyres to take on whatever the road has to offer with optimum comfort and safety,
- Front and rear fairing and wheel arch embellishers blending style and body protection,
- Red side décor and wing-mirror housings underlining the car’s dynamic qualities and outdoor spirit.
With its technological and sensory approach to comfort, the Citroën C-XR Concept demonstrates all of Citroën’s expertise in bringing drivers and passengers an incomparable feeling of safety and well-being.
Citroën C-XR Concept drivers enjoy impressive visual comfort thanks to a natural, saloon-style driving position and raised ground clearance providing a commanding view of the road for complete peace of mind at the wheel.
Road comfort is ensured by the suspension settings that draw on all of Citroën’s know-how to bring drivers a feeling of total control at the wheel while effortlessly absorbing all road imperfections.
All the occupants enjoy travelling comfort and well-being thanks to the car’s large wheelbase – the longest in the segment – providing outstanding spaciousness in the front and rear seats alike.
The Citroën C-XR Concept is also strong on sensory comfort, with its large glass panoramic roof that floods the cabin with soft, filtered light.
The Citroën C-XR Concept is equipped with the highest-performance technologies to enhance traction while reducing the car’s environmental footprint.
The concept car is fit with Grip Control technology, which, combined with the All Seasons tyres, manages the grip of the wheels in line with the nature of the road surface. The result is optimal traction on all types of ground without resorting to a four-wheel-drive system that would increase fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
The Citroën C-XR Concept features cutting-edge technologies and special design approaches to reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emissions:
- The powertrain combines a THP 160 unleaded gasoline engine equipped with the Stop&Start system and a latest-generation automatic gearbox, boosting driving pleasure and comfort while reducing fuel consumption,
- The weight reduction that was a key focus in the design of the concept car, reflected in top- quality road manners for an SUV and a drastic cut in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.